What makes Habilite weight loss program
We understand obesity is a complex program and each individual gain weight for different reasons. Our weight management program starts with careful, individualized assessments performed by the clinicians of our multi-disciplinary team.
Multi-disciplinary treatment. The key ingredients of a successful weight loss program are diet, exercise, and behavior modification. We have a team of dedicated obesity physicians, dietitians, exercise trainers, psychologists who will tailor a program to meet your individual weight loss goals.
- Medical assessment and medical supervision of weight loss
- Measurements of metabolism and body composition
- Individualized exercise programs
- Personal training
- Support group meetings
- Individual psychotherapy
- A variety of nutritional plans including meal replacement options
- Nutrition education
- Long-term weight maintenance and relapse prevention programs
- Services for people with medical needs
- Prescribed medications for weight control
How do I get started?
1. Call 9910024564 or 9999456455 to request a consultation with a nutritionist to discuss treatment options. The Center is open: Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2. Once a treatment option has been chosen, assessments will be scheduled with each clinician on the multidisciplinary team for a thorough evaluation.
The first clinic visit will be lengthy since the patient will undergo orientation to the program and medical professionals will be collecting:
- Anthropometrical data (height, weight, BIA/body composition)
- Biochemical data (blood drawn for laboratory tests)
- Clinical data (physical examination, blood pressure, EKG)
- Dietary data (weight history, current eating habits, food preferences)
The effectiveness of the program depends upon your motivational levels and the commitment to follow the advice of our physician and nutritionists. Majority of our patients lose 1-2 kgs per week during the initial phase with an average weight loss of 12-15 kgs over a period of 5-6 months. It is important to stay in a monitored weight loss program to maintain the lost weight.
The use of drugs for weight loss is strictly under the domain of bariatric physician. However, we try to restrict the use of drugs as much as possible. Most of the drugs used are appetite suppressants and are used for a little period of time.
The best way to diet is to make some permanent life style changes that incorporates increased activity, dietary changes and behavior strategies. One should never opt for crash diets causing sudden weight loss and keep a realistic expectation about weight loss through diet and exercise.
It is very important to understand portion size for a successful weight management plan. If we don’t have any knowledge about portion size or the amount of calories we are consuming, we cannot achieve a good weight loss
exercise is a very vital part of our weight loss program. It is important because it helps in maintaining your muscle mass and even helps to maintain your weight loss. There is no fitness center located at our clinic but we have trained exercise physiologists to set goals and start an exercise program to meet your needs and goals.
We do have a special program designed for overweight children between the ages of 7 and 12, and their families. We help these children achieve a healthier lifestyle and weight through behavior modification, changes in diet and physical activity. We do thorough evaluation of the child, look into the cause of obesity, arrange counselling sessions both for family and child to develop habits which can help achieve sustained weight loss.